By-laws of the Sandwich Business Group
Sandwich Business Group
PO Box 116
Center Sandwich, NH 03227
(Amended at 1/30/13 Annual Meeting)
This organization shall be called Sandwich Business Group.
The Sandwich Business Group strives to provide Sandwich businesses with an opportunity to collectively advertise and market their businesses.
In doing this, the Sandwich Business Group intends to promote its businesses in a manner that will enhance, preserve and protect the unique heritage of our community.
Section 1. Any business or organization which has a location and conducts business within the Town of Sandwich will be defined as a “Sandwich Business”. Any Sandwich Business that is interested in the Purpose of this group may become a “Member” upon payment of annual dues.
Section 1.2 Any other business or organization may become a non-voting “Associate Member” upon payment of dues.
Section 2. Upon payment of annual dues, Members shall become active members with all the privileges of membership, Upon payment of annual dues, Associate Members shall become non-voting associate members
Section 3. New members must pay dues in advance of any meeting in order to be permitted to vote at the meeting.
Government and Election
Section 1. Officers of the Sandwich Business Group will be elected at the Annual Meeting and/or from additional nominations, which will be accepted from Members in good standing at the time of the meeting.
Section 2. The term of office for Officers shall be one year.
Section 3. The officers of the Group shall be President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. These officers will be empowered to appoint additional officers if they feel they are necessary in carrying out the tasks of the Group. The duties of the officers shall be as follows:
- President. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Group and may exercise the powers normally allocable to the presiding officer of an Association.
- Vice President. The Vice President shall perform the functions of the President in the absence or inability of the President.
- Secretary. The Secretary shall keep minutes of all proceedings of the Group and shall keep such books and records as may be necessary and appropriate for the records of the Group.
- Treasurer. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the fiscal affairs of the Group.
Section 5. A quorum shall consist of seven Members.
Section 1. Each year, a Nominating Committee, consisting of three people who are Members in good standing, shall be appointed by the officers at least one month prior to the Annual Meeting.
Section 2. The purpose of the Nominating Committee shall be to propose a slate of officers and to nominate persons to fill vacancies.
Meetings of Membership
Section 1. The Annual Meeting of the Sandwich Business Group shall be held in January. Notice shall be given to the general membership in advanced of the Annual Meeting.
Section 2. Regular meetings of the general membership shall be held as needed. Notice shall be given to the general membership in advance of the meeting.
The fiscal year of the Sandwich Business Group shall begin on January first.
Membership dues shall be payable when due. Each Member is entitled to one vote. Members must be present to vote.
Procedure for Amendments
The by-laws may be amended or revised by a majority vote of Members present at any general membership meeting of the group provided there is a quorum present and that notice of the meeting states that such amendment or revision is being proposed. The notice of the meeting will include the wording of the proposed change(s).
The Sandwich Business Group can be dissolved as an organization by the following means:
1. Advanced notice of a proposed vote for dissolution must be presented to the full membership at least three months before a proposed vote.
2. There must be two regular membership meetings prior to a vote where discussion of proposed dissolution is placed on the agenda.
3. The vote for dissolution can them be placed on a subsequent regular or annual meeting agenda. The Members must be notified in advance that dissolution will be on that meeting's agenda. A passing vote by Members to dissolve the Sandwich Business Group must be made by at least three quarters of the attending Members.
In the event of dissolution, any assets of the Sandwich Business Group may by a two-thirds vote of the Members, be transferred to the General Fund or a specific fund(s) of the Town of Sandwich. In the event that a two-thirds vote is not reached, then the assets of the organization are to be transferred to the General Fund of the Town of Sandwich.